Southern California News
Northern California News
- Alleged hate crime disturbs small, ‘magical’ Bay Area town
Racist graffiti has reportedly appeared on Alameda school campuses in the past.
- Burglars ram SUV into Oakland store in attempted ATM robbery, officials say
The burglars tried to take the store's ATM, then fled in a second vehicle after having difficulty removing the SUV from the building.
- San Francisco officials confirm 10-month-old baby was exposed to fentanyl
Officials have not yet confirmed other important details, including where the fentanyl exposure occurred.
- The 3-minute heist wreaking havoc on the Bay Area is only getting worse
Skyrocketing catalytic converter thefts lead to monthslong backorders for Prius parts.
- The Container Store near Union Square plans to close
It's another blow to downtown San Francisco.
San Diego News
- San Diego hospitals starting to see more patients with COVID-19
Home testing and anti-viral drug might help keep ERs from becoming overwhelmed this winter
- Oceanside Police Department launches website showing what calls officers are handling, crime statistics
Other departments have launched similar sites after encrypting their radio channels, but Oceanside officials say there is no plan to make scanner communications private
- 3.8 earthquake near San Jacinto fault lightly shakes San Diego County
The U.S. Geological Survey says that the temblor, which began 6.5 miles deep, occurred at 7:28 a.m. along the most active seismic system in Southern California.
- 2 killed after being hit by car in Oceanside on Thanksgiving identified
Harold Ray, 59 and Shannon Breer, 53, were killed around 8:30 p.m. on Oceanside Boulevard near State Tree Drive.
- Golden Hall shelter reopens after repairs
More than 300 homeless people returned to Golden Hall on Wednesday after spending two weeks at different sites while repairs were made to the aging building that is being used as a shelter run by Father Joe's Villages.